Hello! I’m Bobbie and, on top of being the best wife and stay-at-home-mom (according to my wonderful husband and baby, I’m not that full of myself), I’m a runner. This little blog is simply a place where I can collect my thoughts on life as a mom, a runner, and the happenings of our lives. Here are 10 things about myself:
1. Running: In October 2010, I ran the Des Moines 1/2 marathon. Since then I’ve had a knee injury, traveled to Thailand, became pregnant, and had a baby in September 2011. I am slowly getting back into running regularly and hope to do a marathon soon.
2. I hate doing the laundry.
3. I prefer hand-washing the dishes to unloading the dishwasher.
4. I have a degree in German and speak German with Kiddo.
5. I love to sew and be crafty.
6. I am slowly working my way to becoming a (semi)minimalist. (You can read more about that here).
7. I consider myself a “flexitarian”. I don’t cook meat, and prefer not to eat it, but if you invite me to your house and serve meat I will happily have some (just don’t be surprised if I don’t take seconds). I love to cook (when I have time) and I think being a vegetarian adds to the challenge of creating a great meal.
8. I love 7up (especially cherry).
9. I have a huge (and probably irrational) fear of the ocean and lakes.
10. I complain way too much. Please let me know if it gets on your nerves.
I go back and forth with the direction I would like my blog to take; some days I want to only write about running, other days I’m itching to say something about the other projects I’m working on. I wrote a bit about why I struggle to read running-only blogs here.
What I’ve recently discovered is that our little family is constantly running; be it training for a race, playing with the Kiddo, or simply keeping the house clean and putting dinner on the table. Why not share all our stories?
I welcome your comments and feel free to shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions! I’m always looking for ways to better the blog and appreciate feedback and helpful tips from those more experienced than I.