Confession #1: I haven’t cleaned the house in a long time. A really long time. Kiddo and I are going to spend our Friday getting the house cleaned because Grandma and Grandpa (my parents) are coming to visit next week for spring break. At least that’s the plan.
This may not look that messy to you, but it’s been driving me nuts for the past week.
Confession #2: I don’t read running blogs. I wish I could read running blogs, but almost every one I’ve tried to read I’ve hated. It’s super hypocritical of me to say that, since I write a running blog and all, and I apologize. It is one of my (many) faults.*
That being said, last night I found a running blog I actually like. It’s Cotton T Runners, written by Chelsea. It’s a relatively new blog, so I thought I’d give her a shout-out. I think she’s got a pretty good idea going on so be sure to check it out! (I don’t want to give it away, you’ll have to follow the link to find out :)
On his first walk in the stroller. He was so tiny back then! (Those overalls don’t even fit anymore!)
Confession #3: I’ve been too lazy to take Kiddo out for a run in the jogging stroller :( However, these two ladies (S. and Ashley) have encouraged me to attempt a run with the stroller this weekend. I’m looking forward to that tomorrow!
That’s my weekend plan, what’s yours?
Note*: I try really hard to include a few non-running tidbits in each of my posts. I think what I find monotonous about running blogs is the “today I ran <this> far, it was <insert adjective> “, so I try to stay away from writing about that. A few of my early posts were like that, and I wasn’t happy with the direction the blog was going. Running is where I come up with a lot of my ideas for posts, so that is why my blog is centered around running. In no way do I think my blog is better than anyone else’s, I just had trouble finding similar blogs that I wanted to read, so I thought I’d write my own.
There are a few new things happening that I’d like to draw your attention to!
1. I have updated the layout. I think it reflects a bit more of my personality and looks much fresher. The gray background was a little dreary, so I decided it was time for an update. The new layout should be easier to read, search, and is all around happier. Hopefully things will look a bit sunnier around here!
2. With the new layout, I have added a new KIDDO page. This page will take you to my month-by-month Kiddo updates, pictures, and video links. So, if you’re more interested in Kiddo updates, head there. In general I’m hoping this will break up the “Today my run was <insert adjective>, here’s a picture of the Kiddo” monotony.
I am currently working on the first few monthly updates there. Done! I’m also going to start a “monday memories” series. It should be fun!
3. You can now follow runbobbierun on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest! Just follow the links below.
4. Along with the new layout, I have updated my blogroll (on the right). I narrowed down the list to include the blogs I enjoy reading on a regular basis, which is why most of them aren’t running related. Like any other normal person, I have other interests besides running! I’d go crazy if that was all I thought about all day :)
5. Lastly, I am planning on posting new updates on Thursdays. This doesn’t really affect you as a reader, I just wanted to put that information out there so you will know when to expect updates. Currently, I blog whenever I feel like it, but I think this will be better all around!
That’s all for now…I have a 5K tomorrow, wish me luck!